Pacific Grove Unified School
Measure D Minutes
Address any questions to the Assistant Superintendent, Mr. Robin Blakley,
or call the Business Office at 831-646-6509.
Measure D Oversight Committee Meeting Minutes of December 8, 2008
1. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Cameron at 7:15pm.
2. Roll call found the following members present: Sam Teel, Mark Cameron, Carl Miller, Henry Nigos
Absent: Alan Cohen, Jim Quinn, Richard deSaulles, Jean Ottmar, Jennifer Jansen, Joe Shammas
Public Present: None
3. Adoption of Agenda: Motion was made by Teel, seconded by Nigos to approve the agenda as submitted. Motion passed 7-0. (Note: The motion actually covered all three action items Agenda, Minutes and Report but is shown in these minutes as three actions for clarity. The vote counted Jansen, Ottmar and Quinn as supportive based on their written communications.)
4. Approval of Minutes of 11/17/08: Motion was made by Teel, seconded by Nigos to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion passed 7-0.
5. Individuals desiring to address the committee: None
Information/Discussion: Update on Measure D Projects: Blakley gave a brief review of the status of the High School Stadium project indicating that it was still on schedule for completion in May.
6. Information/Discussion: Annual Report: It was determined in discussion that Ottmar Jansen and Quinn had all expressed support for the Annual Report in writing and their support would be considered the equivalent of a proxy vote on this item. Motion was made by Teel, seconded by Nigos to approve the Annual Report as presented and directed that it be distributed through the Hometown Bulletin through handouts, provided to the school sites for inclusion within their newsletters and by placement on the District website. Motion passed 7-0 including the 3 proxy votes as noted. In discussion, it was noted that thanks be expressed to Jean Ottmar for her work on drafting the document.
7. Discussion/Action: Meeting Schedule: It was noted that the next meeting would probably be held in April. At that time, the District would know whether it was proceeding with additional projects, primarily based on whether it had been successful in selling an additional bond on the bond market. Henry Nigos discussed with the committee the high interest rates that were currently being charged on public bond issues and the impact that this would have on the District’s ability to finance the additional bonds, indicating that interest rates are particularly high now but may be lower in the beginning of the new year.Adjournment: Motion was made by Teel, seconded by Miller to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm.