1. What is Synergy Education?
Synergy Education is the student information system that PGUSD uses to manage information such as student enrollment, grades, attendance, demographic data, scheduling, etc. Since Synergy is web-based, some of this information can be easily and securily shared with parents and students.
2. What is the ParentVUE/StudentVUE?
ParentVUE web portal is a feature of Synergy Education that provides legal parents/guardians immediate access to grades, test scores, class assignments, and attendance. ParentVUE is designed to improve communication about your child’s academic progress. Parents/guardians and teachers can use the portal to message one another in real-time. Additionally, parents/guardians will also be able to update their contact information along with registering their student(s) each year by using the online registration form available in ParentVUE. StudentVUE is the student version of ParentVUE. It has the same functionality and is designed to be used by students.
3. How does one get ParentVUE access?
All current legal parents/guardians will receive an email containing instructions for activating their ParentVUE accounts. If you have not yet received an email notification containing this information, contact your student’s school office staff. Note: Only current authorized/legal parent/guardian will be given ParentVUE portal access. New parents will receive ParentVUE access once they have presented proof of residence at the school office. A valid email address is required to use ParentVUE. Additionally, the ParentVUE mobile app (for both Android or iOS) can be downloaded and used once you have activated your ParentVUE web portal account.
4. Do I need a separate login for each of my students?
No, each parent/guardian receives one ParentVUE account for all students attending any school in PGUSD.
5. When can I access ParentVUE?
ParentVUE is available) 24/7. You can use any internet-connected device to access the portal - ParentVUE/StudentVUE login page.
6. Who can access ParentVUE?
Legal parent(s)/guardian(s) with their username and password may access ParentVUEl. Only one account per parent/guardian is activated regardless of how many students are in the family and will be able to see all students’ information from one login.
7. Is the ParentVUE/StudentVUE secure?
Yes. In order to access the ParentVUE, the authorized user (parent and/or legal guardian) uses their individual username and their own chosen password. The portal has SSL encryption which provides an additional level of security. Please ensure that your password remains secure and confidential.
8. My spouse and I are separated/divorced. Can we get another parent username and password for our student’s/studentren’s account?
Yes. Synergy allows all legal guardians to create their own ParentVUE account. Upon activation, each parent establishes a separate and unique username and password. Both parents’ accounts will then be linked to the same student(s).
9. Do I need a new username and password each year if my student is returning?
No, all ParentVUE login information will remain active as long as your student is enrolled in PGUSD.
10. How do I get more help?Technical resources about Synergy ParentVUE can be found on the Synergy ParentVUE Support Page: For additional support, contact any member of our tech team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Whom should I contact if I have a question about the information I see on ParentVUE?
Grades for class assignments during the current semester: Talk with your student first. If you still have questions, you may call your child's teacher or email him/her. General attendance questions should be directed to your school’s attendance clerk (front office).
12. What do I do if I forgot my login information or I feel my account has been compromised?
A: You can request a new password from the ParentVUE/StudentVUE login page. If you continue to have difficulties, contact your student’s school office as soon as possible to make arrangements for ParentVUE account reactivation. Please bring photo identification to the school at the time of the request. This protocol is established for the safety/security of the student records.
13. Can I change my ParentVUE password?
Yes, you may change your password directly on the ParentVUE/StudentVUE login page by clicking on the “Forgot Password” link.